Monday 2 March 2009

Monday Update

I've knitted a sweater for my teddy bear!

This is the result of a two-Saturday class offered through I Knit in London and taught by Gwen Raftery. It was great fun, surprisingly straightforward, and now I hypothetically have the skills to make a person-sized raglan jumper. Once I finish spinning the red, white and blue Irish fleece (see post from 14 November) I may have enough to give it a try. So far I have three hanks finished and I still have a lot more fibre to card!

I'm still making up samples for the Phat Fiber Sampler box. I have enough for April now but I'd like to send in a batch for May at the same time, so I only have to pay the shipping to America once. I spun up some variegated green Merino that I dyed on Saturday and should be able to get a few samples out of that. I've also included unspun dyed fibre for a few of the samples.

My other spin-and-dye job this weekend was some alpaca that was dyed blue and grey in roving form by the person I had bought it from. I expected a lot of the dye to come out in washing, and I was right, so I overdyed the resulting grey yarn with different concentrations of blue acid dyes. It came out very nice! I've now got to re-skein it, measure it and get it up onto Etsy.

No comments: