And I suspect I'm about to add to the unfinished projects list! But it will be fun.
I'll mention some of my favourite items first and then the rest are in no particular order. Everything is lovely!
OK, if someone asked me to pick my favourite five things from this box, they would be the following. If you are trading any of these items from your box, please get in touch with me!
1) "Earth Day" Jacob wool and Firestar from Desert Gardens - a lovely blue, green white and copper firestar batt
2) A green pepper stitch marker from Yarndemon Designs - I don't know why, I just love this little guy! And I don't even USE stitch markers! I think this may be the start of a collection...
3) "Dafodails" batt (wool, mohair, alpaca, bamboo) in green, white and yellow from Silver Sun Alpacas - I hven't spun much alpaca and wasn't hugely keen on what I had spun, but this is a) sparkly and I love anything sparkly, and b) looks to be much easier to work with than the other alpaca I had!
4) Icelandic sheep wool samples from Cedarland Farm - I LOVE natural tones of wool between black and white, and this is a lovely collection of grey, deep brown and light tan.
5) "Greener Pastures" from Moonwood Farm - green batt from reclaimed fibre. Small but adorable! It's like a little Tribble...
OK, in NO particular order - just as I took the pictures - here's everything else!
A red, purple and yellow braid of Merino fibre from Abstract Fiber
"Calypso" purple green and brown merino braid from Greenwood Fiberworks
A green and brown "Ofelia" New Zealand Merino braid from Maude and Me
A bundle of wool/mohair/cotton ticking fibre from Farmgirl Chic
A purple luxury batt, wonderfully packaged, from Zebisis Designs
Dark green yearling mohair from Flying Wright Farm
A very soft silklike yellow/gold bundle from Polyart Design, I'm not sure what it is but maybe it says it inside the label, which I haven't removed yet.
A bright yellow-green variety batt from Serendipity
Green Border Leicester cross locks from Altered Visions
A snowflake-shaped needle gauge from 7 Yaks Design - now traded for more Silver Sun Alpaca fibre!
Knitting-themed notepaper from Becky's Paper Creations
A Phatfiber button that says "You can feel the difference" from Wild Hare Fiber Studio
"Oh My Aching..." salve from Desert Gardens
Cream de Mint Biscotti from Matilda's Italian Cookies
A beaded brown and white stitch marker from In Stitches
And a blue strawberry (blueberry?) stitch marker from Blitzknits!
Click on any of the pics to go to the Flickr page for the photo, where you can enlarge the shot for more detail!
A box of delights
1 year ago